1) The Whiskas WWF partnership pack donations
For every Whiskas product sold in selected UK retailers displaying the Help Protect a Tiger promotion between 18/02/2015 and 28/04/2015, Mars will pay 3p towards our target of £250,000 to WWF-UK help protect the future of one of the world’s largest cats. Excluding Whiskas Oh So varieties.
Retailer participation and promotion dates are as follows:
1. Tesco from 02/03/2015 until 22/03/2015
2. Sainsbury’s from 16/03/2015 until 07/04/2015
3. Coop from 08/04/2015 until 28/04/2015
4. Pets at Home from 18/02/2015 until 14/04/2015
5. Ocado from 01/04/2015 until 28/04/2015
6. Mars’ UK Pet Specialist retail category from 02/03/2015 until 13/04/2015
WWF-UK (World Wide Fund for Nature) Trading Limited pays all its taxable profits to WWF-UK, charity registered in England and Wales number 1081247 and in Scotland number SC039593. Panda symbol © 1986. WWF World Wide Fund for Nature (formerly World Wildlife Fund) ® WWF registered trademark.
2) Personal donations to WWF
If you would like to make a personal donation to WWF or adopt a tiger, please visit www.whiskas.co.uk/wwf/donate for more information on how to do this
3) Text to Donate to WWF
Donate £5, text TIGER to 70123
This is a charity donation service for WWF UK. You will be charged £5 plus one message at your standard network rate (age 16 + UK mobiles only). WWF will receive 100% of your gift. WWF may contact you again in future to tell you more about their work. If you'd prefer that WWF didn’t call you, text NOCALL WWF to 70060. If you wish to discuss this mobile payment call 0203 282 7863. Your donation will help WWF’s work to protect tigers. For more details visit wwf.org.uk/textterms
Whiskas will match fund donations for tigers up to £50,000.
WWF-UK, charity registered in England number 1081247 and in Scotland number SC039593 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England number 4016725. Panda symbol © 1986. WWF World Wide Fund for Nature (formerly World Wildlife Fund) ® WWF registered trademark. VAT number 733 761821.
4) Where do the donated funds go?
Funds raised from sales of Whiskas packs and associated public donations will support WWF’s Tigers Alive Initiative in the coming year - a global programme which aims to double the number of tigers in the wild to 6,000 by 2022.
Whiskas’ funding will have a particular focus on WWF’s work in the Terai Arc region on Nepal, a project which forms part of this ambitious global programme. Whiskas’ support will help WWF to continue and expand daily tiger conservation activities, working with local communities, protected area rangers and government agencies to –
1. Create space for tigers by ensuring a healthy habitat, such as restoring grasslands and waterholes in specific areas
2. Monitor the tigers that live there through camera traps and real-time mobile tiger patrol technology – the region is currently home to around 200 adult tigers
3. Engage those who live alongside the tigers to build understanding and reduce potential conflicts
4. Tackle the most urgent threat of poaching and illegal trade – supporting daily patrols to remove snares and to help catch criminals
These Terms and Conditions, the Whiskas WWF partnership and donations shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Promoter: Mars Petcare UK, Freeby Lane, Waltham-on-the Wolds, Melton Mowbray, Leicester LE14 4RS.